Thursday, March 08, 2007

estoy enferma

i'm sick. blah. with a cold, of all things! i've been sneezing up a storm, trying to keep after my runny nose, and hoping that i don't lose my voice. i keep thinking about going to the pharmacy and trying to get some medicine. but instead i'm rationing out the dayquil caplets that i brought with and sleeping (sort of) with tissues on my pillow. yuck. also, it comes and goes. i can't quite figure out why or where, but every so often i'll realize that i'm breathing just fine through my nose. or that i haven't sneezed in a long time. so far all i can figure is that it's worse when i'm trying to sleep!

so i am in the first week of our new bimester at school. and i'm only teaching at one school right now, my first one. my second second job kind of fell through for the moment... they only hire people with work visas, and they can only get people work visas if they are full time, and i could only work part time for them this bimester because i already said i would work here at centro part time. but next bimester i think i will have a new job and possibly be on my way to having a work visa! very exciting.

for now, with no visa, colleen and i are planning our border run for semana santa (holy week - the week leading up to easter) since we have no classes that week. we are looking to go to nicaragua, visit some beaches and whatever. should be good. i might even get paid half time for it! so that's all that's news for now.

1 comment:

dhermon said...

darling, can I mail you some sudafed? Although they've changed sudafed so is now crap unless you get it from behind the pharmacy counter - and who the hell wants to talk to someone when they're sick. Spanish lessons not going so good. Woman on CD (she is now the founder and creater of the language in my mind) went from mildly challenging to downright impossible. Is the word for Thursday and Eggs the same? Doesn't seem like it should be. But what the hell do I know. Love ya