Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Blinded by the light

So for about a week now I have been without a light in my bathroom. The bulb went out and I bought two light bulbs that did not fit in the socket. (don't laugh, it's more complicated than you think!) So finally I called the landlady and she sent her son up to fix it. Well, he came up with another light bulb. Which also did not fit (see - it wasn't just me!). So he thought it was a problem with the fixture itself, but the guy who does that wouldn't be around until Monday.

Well, Monday came and went; I was busy and wearing my headlight in the bathroom at night was starting to seem like the usual. But this morning was the first time I had to get up early - my normal school wake-up time - and it was a little bleak in there. I actually set my headlight on the window sill so that it would shine into my shower. And I planned to call the Landlady again when I got home from school.

But when I got home I found - a rug in my kitchen. Sort of exciting, it does tie the room together, if you know what I mean. However, the bathroom light was still out. So I called the landlady again and she promised to send her son up, he forgot to come the yesterday. As I waited I put away some dishes and found that in my silverware drawer there was a silverware holder - also pretty exciting.

FINALLY the son showed up and managed to fix the light. Well, more or less. It works. But he's going to have the normal electrician guy come check sometime.

So yeah. LIGHT in my bathroom. This place is great. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have enjoyed catching up on what's going on in your little corner of the world. I can't believe that the water gets shut off in residential buildings mid-day. (That would have been good to know!) We admire your adventerous spirit. Keep writing - this will be the good stuff when you get old like us. Love, Jon & Destiny