Friday, November 03, 2006

getting there (is not fun at all)

so i'm here. and it's been a very VERY long day for me. probably because i decided it would be better to not go to bed at all than it would be to go to sleep sometime around midnight and then wake up at 3:30 in the morning. so after a relaxing evening of watching tv and lounging with my cat we took off for the airport around 4am.

i was there in plenty of time (2 hours early? please, i can't really think of when i've ever needed that much time). i wandered around with my dad until it seemed like the right time to get into the security line. i mangaged to time it quite well and had just enough time to get through security, walk the long, long way to my gate, rest for a few minutes and board the plane.

our flight was practically empty - which was great. so i stretched out and got a little shut-eye. however. we got into atlanta nearly a half an hour late - which really cut into my 45 minute layover. so i had to do a little early morning jogging and barely made my plane - and the flight attendants informed me and the other 4 late-comers that they might have left already if there hadn't been a problem with the smoke alarms.

so late to atlanta, late to san jose. and then i waited and waited and waited for my bag to be dumped out onto the baggage claim belt. and i waited some more. then there was an announcement for passengers who had arrived by way of boston and atlanta should go to the desk. our luggage had not arrived. *sigh*

so thanks to a lovely tourist info desk girl i managed to contact my interbus company (which was supposed to collect me at the airport and then take me to the spot i would get my bus to quepos), explain what had happened, get some information on the place i was going to stay in quepos, and re-book me for tomorrow morning's bus to quepos.

so for tonight i'm still in san jose. at some random hotel reccomended by the interbus people. hoping i can find some dinner without having to try to hard. and then laying on my bed and watching some spanish tv.

hopefully tomorrow i will be a little happier and nearer to the beach!!!!


No comments: