Tuesday, January 15, 2008

the opposite of homeless

that's right. i have two homes. only not in the way that rich people do.... i will have to leave one of them eventually. but for now i have two homes. one that i don't have to leave in any hurry and one that i don't have to move into in any hurry.

so i was cruising craig's list for places to live and there was one that caught my eye. so it's a room in a house. the house is owned by a youngish couple and their two dachshunds. my rent includes utilities, cable tv (and a tv in my bedroom!!! that's pretty exciting), and wifi. and on top of all that, it's less than a 5 minute walk to the bus stop where i can catch the bus directly to my school. it's close to stores and supermarkets, yet there's a huge back garden and it's a really tranquil environment. i'm pretty happy.

so obviously i have to move there before school starts (well, even before that - i have to start going in to school on the 28th for orientation and stuff). but as there's no rush for me to get out of the place i'm in now, i'm procrastinating. the thought of packing all of my stuff.... i'll have you know i came down here with only two bags. my giant backpack and my regular backpack. those two bags probably hold less than half of what i have now... so my real goal is to try to sort through stuff a little and see what is just crap and what i really want or need.

so yeah, that's my news. as soon as i actually move in i'll get some pics. :)

No comments: